Auto re-compiling/re-launching NodeTS setup
These are my steps that I’ve derived; if you have a better way, please let me know.
d: dev box, s: server box:
- s: install NodeJS (via NVM), and ‘screen’
- s: create an empty directory: /path/to/app.
- s: npm install -g nodemon typescript
- d: create server.ts with simple “hello world” code in your local folder
- d: rsync -avz -e ssh ./* firstname.lastname@example.org:/path/to/app
- s: screen -RAd; need 2 windows (A, B)
- screen A: tsc -w server.ts
- screen B: nodemon server.js
- d: develop on server.ts, and rsync as needed. the full directory will sync!
If there is interest I can make these steps more concrete. Interest?